My duplicator LCD controller screen is freezing up while toggling through the menu functions.
Most of the time this problem is caused by the HDD option added to your duplicator.
My duplicator LCD controller screen freezes up during a copy process.
- Chances are it could be the master disc used or the reader. Verify that the master source disc is not copy protected. Check the burn speeds and read speeds to ensure that they are at the correct values.
- DVD Burn: 8X
- CD/Audio Burn: 24X
- Read Speed: 8X
- For DL (Dual Layer) discs, change burn speed to 4x.
- Check the master disc for scratches/smudges. Also generic or unbranded discs can cause a lot of reading problems as well. Try using a reliable name brand for your master disc.
- Chances are it could be the master disc used or the reader.
- Change the source drive to one of the burner drives using “Select Source.”
- Attempt a copy and see if copies all the way through and does not hang/freeze.
- If it does hang, then it most likely is the master disc. Try lowering the burn speed (even if it’s already 8X). If it still fails, remake the DVD at the lowest burn speed possible. Also request the customer to try a different master disc and try again. Suggest using alternative brands if they are using cheap discs.
- If it does not hang and it copies all the way through, then the ROM drive is faulty.