If the back of your duplicator has a silver sticker with the Letter "I" in a circle. This article is for you. Otherwise please refer to our other articles.
Target Drive not ready is being shown on the LCD display when attempting to make copies
When attempting to use the “copy” function and the message “target drive not ready” is being displayed, it could mean that:
- The blank discs already have already been used and are no longer empty
- The disc type is different from the source master disc (you can only copy CD to CD, DVD to DVD, DVD-DL to DVD-DL, BD to BD, etc.)
- One or more of the blank discs could be defective
- The drive may not be detecting the disc.
To try and resolve this issue, please perform the steps below:
- Keep all of the blank discs in the bottom trays and your master disc in the very top tray (if you’re using the optional hard disk drive as your source, you may remove your master disc. However, an image must be first loaded onto the hard drive. Refer to your manual on how to load images to the hard disk drive).
- Manually close each drive and wait for the flashing green lights to stop flashing (this light may be a different color depending on your machine).
- If a particular drive‘s busy light remains flashing green and the rest turn off, insert a fresh blank disc in that drive only and try again.
- If it remains flashing, contact us to resolve this issue. If not, continue onto Step 3.
- Press the ESC key multiple times to get back to the main menu.
- Using the UP or DOWN arrow keys, scroll to option number 10. Utility
- Press the ENT key and it should display “1. Prescan”. Scroll down using the DOWN arrow until you reach 5. [Utility] Disc information
- Press the ENT key and the screen should update displaying information about your source master disc. Please note the type of disc it is. If it displays  “X Tracks” and “Audio CD” then your master disc is a CD. If it is a DVD, DVD-DL, or BD, the disc type and capacity will be on the bottom line. Please note the disc type and capacity; this information will be needed later. Use the images below to help determine what type of disc the master media is:
CD Master Disc
DVD Master Disc
- Press the DOWN arrow key once and it should say “” on the top line. The blank media type will display on the bottom line along with its maximum capacity. If your duplicator has multiple burners you can perform this action for all of them. Please cross check the blank disc information along with the master disc information from previously to make sure that they are the exact same type with the same capacities.
CD Blank Disc
DVD Blank Disc
NOTE: At any time during this process you have switched out a disc from any drive, you will have to manually refresh the “disc info” screen by pressing the “ESC” key once and then pressing the ENT key on “10-5 Utility –Disc Information.” If not, the disc info display will be out of date with incorrect disc information.
- After you have verified that the master disc matches the same type and capacity of discs in the target drives and all of them are blank, you are ready to copy. Press the “ESC” key multiple times to get back to the main menu until “10. Utility” is displayed on the screen.
- Using the UP arrow key, go back to “1. Copy.” Once there, press the ENT key and your duplicator will begin the copy process. If you still receive the same “target drive not ready” error message, please contact our technical support team for further assistance.