If the back of your duplicator has a silver sticker with the Letter "A" in a circle. This article is for you. Otherwise please refer to our other articles.
Target Overflow generally means that the master disc has more data than the blank disc can hold
- Using the UP or DOWN arrow keys, scroll to option number 7. Disc Info.
- Press the ENT key and it should say “7-01. Disc Info” on the top line and “Source” on the bottom line.
- Press the ENT key and the screen should then display information about your master source disc. Please note the type of disc it is. If it displays “Total Session” and “Total Track” then your master disc is a CD. If it is a DVD, DVD-DL, or BD, the disc type will be on the top line and capacity will be on the bottom line. Please note the disc type and capacity.
CD Master Disc
DVD Master Disc
- Press the ESC key once and it should say “7-01. Disc Info” on the top line and “Source” on the bottom line.
Please note the megabyte size of the master disc. This information will be needed later.
- Press the DOWN arrow key once and it should say “7-02. Disc Info” on the top line and “Target” on the bottom line.
- Press the ENT key and it should now display information about the disc you have in the first burner. For example, it may display something similar to the screenshot below:
For the following example, the disc type is “CD-R,” the max burning speed is “48x,” and the amount of data written is “0 MB.” If the disc type is a DVD, it may display something similar to the screenshot below:
For this following example, the disc type is “DVD-R,” the max burning speed is “16x,” and the amount of data written is “0 MB.” The disc type should match the one that is in the source drive and the data written should be “0 MB.” If not, it needs to be either removed or swapped out with the matching disc type that is blank. If you press the DOWN arrow key, you can cycle through each target drive and verify that each target disc is blank and matches the source disc type.
NOTE: If at any time during this process you have switched out a disc from any drive, you will have to manually refresh the “disc info” screen by pressing the “ESC” key once and then pressing the ENT key on “7-02. Disc Info – Target.” If not, the disc info display will be out of date with incorrect disc information.
- After you have verified that the master disc matches the same type of disc in the target drives and all of them are blank, you are ready to copy. Press the “ESC” key multiple times to get back to the main menu until “7. Disc Info” is displayed on the screen.
- If the megabyte size of a master DVD exceeds 4490mb you may need to get a DL disk (dual/double layer). DVD DL discs can hold up to 8.5 GB of information.
- If the master DVD is copy protected, it cannot be copied
- If the master is a CD and has a runtime of over 80:30 minutes, then you will need a 90 minute capacity blank CD.