If the back of your duplicator has a silver sticker with the Letter "I" in a circle. This article is for you. Otherwise please refer to our other articles.
When attempting to perform the duplication process and the message “Source Disk Empty” is being displayed, that means that
- The disc in the top source drive is blank and has no data written on it.
- The source drive is set to the wrong drive via the controller configuration.
To resolve this issue, follow the steps below:
- Remove all discs from your duplicator, the source master disc along with the blank discs.
- If your duplicator has the optional USB feature, please make sure that it is switched to the “off” position. The switch can be found on the back of your duplicator. If the switch is moved from the “on” to “off” position, after please turn the duplicator off for five seconds and then power it back on.
- Press the “ENT” key on option 1 (copy) in the main menu of the controller and all of the empty drive trays should automatically close. If one or more of the drive trays does not automatically close, further troubleshooting will be needed. Please refer to (link appropriate article here) to diagnose whether the drive maybe faulty or the connections have to be checked.
- After a short delay, one of the drives should automatically open and the LCD display will show “source drive not ready”. This will usually be the top drive, if one of the target drives opens the controller will have to be reconfigured to recognize the top drive as the source. To do this:
- Scroll down through the options on your LCD screen until #8 (either select source or source select) is reached.
- Press “ENT” to change the setting, in most/all cases it should be set to "FIRST DRIVE"
- Save the changes by pressing “ENT” again once the lowest channel or port is chosen.
- Place the disc you are attempting to copy into newly appointed source drive, after doing please place your blank discs into the target drives right below.
- Check to see if the top drive is now able to read the disc you are attempting to copy by using the “disc information” feature. See below for further instruction:
- On the main menu, press the down arrow until #10 on your LCD display is “utility”, press “ENT” on that option.
- Scroll down to sub-option #5 “disc information” and press “ENT”.
- Select the source drive and you should get a reading on the disc such as disc capacity in megabytes (MB) or gigabytes (GB) as well as the disc type (i.e. CD, DVD or Blu-ray)
- If this information is shown the source drive is working properly, if “source disc empty” is still being displayed further troubleshooting will be needed.
- Please try swapping the current disc in the source drive with another master disc to see if it can be read.
- If the source drive is able to read the new master disc you have just inserted, the issue maybe with the original master disc you are trying to copy. Please check the back side for any scratches or blemishes that could cause the reader trouble with trying to access the data.
- After performing step #6 and the LCD display is able to successfully show the information from your disc under “disc information”, please try attempting the copy process.
- Back out to the main menu by pressing the “ESC” key
- Scroll up to option #1 (copy) and press “ENT” to begin the duplication process
- If the copy process begins then the problem has been resolved. But if the message “source disc empty” reappears, then please contact our technical support team for further assistance.